DESCHAMPS SA Beacons
Deschamps SA beacons offer the same characteristics as our other fiberglass poles, and therefore provide the same benefits, in particular:
- The beacon’s ultra-light weight necessitates only 2 or 3 workers for its installation, as well as a small motorboat, thus reducing cost and CO2 emissions.
- Its resistance to bad weather, in part thanks to its flexibility which allows it to move with the wind and the waves, ensures a much longer life span than with other materials.
- Its high-quality gel coat, as well the process used to color the poles which produces a coloring throughout the wall thickness, ensures that the initial beacon color will remain the same over time. As a result our beacons are in the process of receiving certification by the state agency CETMEF.
- This gel coat finish allows our beacon poles to be totally protected from the effect of the ocean water salt, and from seaweeds and seashells. Consequently, our beacon pole color stays the same, perfectly visible over the entire pole height, even at low tide.
- Our fiberglass beacons also offer passive safety. In spite of its high resistance to bad weather, our beacons have been designed to break in the event of a collision with a boat, thus providing safety to the boat and its passengers.